In the ‘Sections’ area of the Plan Content, find the section under Plan Content where you want to edit your Narrative Content.
Tip: Always save before exiting Narrative Content editing. There is no auto save, so make sure to save so you don’t lose your hard work.
- Open the section one of the following ways:
- Select the name to expand the section in the current view.
- Select the arrow to open the section in a separate view.
- Scroll to review the Narrative Content selection. If it can be edited, the Narrative Content selection’s title appears as a link. Each Narrative Content’s status is listed in italics after the link, such as Draft or Completed.
- Select the appropriate link to open the Narrative Content, displaying this content’s location within the State Plan.
- In the header area, you can select the box next to ‘Show Requirements’ and the full requirement from the Information Collection Request (ICR) will show.
- Select the ‘Edit’ button. A content lock message is displayed inside a colored bar. Remember, no other person can edit this information until you save or unlock the content.
- Scroll to the content field under ‘Enter Narrative (*required)’ to do any of the following.
- In the editing ribbon above the content field, select the ‘Maximize/Minimize’ button to open the content field to the size of your window.
- Select inside the content field to begin typing.
- To paste content into the content field, do one of the following:
- First, copy the content you wish to use from another source or from this content field by using keyboard controls command + C to copy or command + X to cut.
- Select inside the content field to place the cursor where you want to paste the copied content and use keyboard controls command + V. If needed, you can use the formatting tools on the editing ribbon to format within the content field.
- Tip: If you paste text from Microsoft Word, you will see the following message: “The text you want to paste seems to be copied from Word. Do you want to clean it before pasting?” Select ‘OK’ to clean the text and paste.
- If content already exists in this Narrative Content area, you can see it here. Select the ‘Edit’ button to edit.
- If you need to make a choice from predetermined options, such as Yes or No instead of entering text, select your choice from the list. For example, in the WIOA State Plan Common Elements section’s ‘WIOA State Plan Type’ Narrative Content, select ‘This is a combined plan’ or ‘This is a unified plan.’
- When you have finished editing your Narrative Content, if your screen is maximized, first select the ‘Maximize/Minimize’ button again to minimize the content field.
- Scroll to select the ‘Save’ button.