Select a U.S. State or Territory and year to view or download the PDF file of your WIOA State Plan.
Types of WIOA Plans
Each U.S. State and Territory submits a Unified or Combined State Plan to the U.S. Department of Labor and Department of Education that outlines its workforce development system's four-year strategy, and updates the plan as required after two years.
Unified State Plan
At a minimum, States and Territories must submit a four-year WIOA Unified State Plan that includes the six core WIOA programs. The core programs are:
- the Adult Program
- the Dislocated Worker Program
- the Youth Program
- the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act Program
- the Wagner-Peyser Act program
- the Vocational Rehabilitation Program
The Unified State Plan must also have Strategic Planning Elements and Operational Planning Elements.
Strategic Planning Elements
This section includes analyses of the State's economic conditions, workforce characteristics, and workforce development activities that inform the vision and goals for the State's workforce development system.
Operational Planning Elements
This section identifies the State's efforts to support the State's strategic vision and goals that are identified in the Strategic Planning Elements section. Operational planning elements include:
- State Strategy Implementation
- State Operating Systems and Policies
- Program-Specific Requirements for the Core Programs
- Program-Specific Requirements for the Combined State Plan partner programs.
Combined State Plan
The Combined State Plan has everything that is in a Unified State Plan, plus information on one or more of the Combined State Plan partner programs listed below:
- Career and technical education programs authorized under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program
- Employment and Training programs under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Work programs authorized under section 6(o) of the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008
- Trade Adjustment Assistance for Workers programs
- Jobs for Veterans State Grants Program
- Unemployment Insurance programs
- Senior Community Service Employment Program
- Employment and training activities carried out by the Department of Housing and Urban development
- Community Services Block Grant
- Reintegration of Ex-Offenders program (programs authorized under section 212 of the Second Chance act of 2007)