Creating an account and requesting roles and access are separate steps in the WIOA SPP as of November 2021.
If you are an employee with an approved government agency email address and you have never logged into the WIOA State Plan Portal before, you can create your own account, confirm your account via email, and set up your password. If you've already logged into the portal, follow these steps instead to reset your password.
After your account has been successfully created, you will login to the portal and request access to the necessary programs and plans as a state or federal employee to do your job.
Each step in this process will require details about the kind of access you need.
Scroll here to follow the steps to create a new account and request access and roles.
Creating an Account
Follow these steps to create an account in the WIOA State Plan Portal. You will only need to complete this process once.
- Navigate to the WIOA SPP in your Internet browser (Chrome is recommended). The website is https://wioaplans.ed.gov/.
- In the menu, select “Create Account.”
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice by scrolling down and selecting the blue OK button.
- Select the “Create Account” button for your employee type: State or Federal.
- Portal Account Request
|State employees: On the next page, enter your information. All fields are required.||Federal Employees: On the next page, enter your information. All fields are required.|
Verify Your Email Address
- Open the email message from firstname.lastname@example.org, which was sent to the work email account you entered in the previous step.
- Select the link in the email to verify your account. The WIOA SPP will open to the page titled: Step 2: Verify Your Email Address.
Set Your Password
- Enter and confirm your password. Password requirements are listed below the password fields.
- Once all password conditions have been met, you can now login and request additional access.
Requesting Roles and Access: New Accounts
The first time you login to the WIOA SPP after you have created your account, you will be directed to the Request Access page. It will display either State or Federal Roles and Descriptions, according to your employee type, as you noted when you created your account.
To select the roles and access you need to perform your work, view the Requesting Roles and Access Job Aid.