- Program-Specific Requirements for Vocational Rehabilitation (Combined or General)
The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Services Portion of the Unified or Combined State Plan  must include the following descriptions and estimates, as required by section 101(a) of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended by title IV of WIOA:
 Sec. 102(b)(2)(D)(iii) of WIOA
m. 1. E. How individuals with the most significant disabilities are selected for services before all other individuals with disabilities
VR will continue to process referrals, complete application/intake, and determine eligibility and severity determination for all new referrals. Individuals who are determined to be an individual with a MSD (Priority category 1) will be prioritized for services. Individuals in the other disability priority categories will be deferred for services, and will be served according to application date and in order of priority, as sufficient resources become available. The process if further outlined below:
- VR will continue to take all referrals and schedule individuals for intake appointments, per federal requirements.
- VR Counselors will meet with each applicant for their intake appointment and will determine eligibility and disability priority category assignment for all VR eligible individuals, per federal requirements.
- Eligible individuals who are MSD will jointly develop the IPE with their VR Counselor, and necessary services will be implemented. Individuals who are SD and NSD will be deferred for services. Information and referral will be provided as appropriate for these individuals including sharing of local area office resource guides.
- As sufficient resources become available to serve individuals who were deferred for services, BRS will assign individuals released from deferred services status to the appropriate VR Office and VR Counselor. Individuals in priority category 2, SD, would be the next priority for release from deferred services status, based on earliest application date, and in accordance with federal requirements.
- Once the individual is released from deferred services status, the case will be distributed to the appropriate office/VR Counselor, and IPE will be developed and necessary services will be implemented as appropriate.