- III. Operational Planning Elements
The Unified or Combined State Plan must include an Operational Planning Elements section that supports the State’s strategy and the system-wide vision described in Section II(c) above. Unless otherwise noted, all Operational Planning Elements apply to Combined State Plan partner programs included in the plan as well as to core programs. This section must include—
- b. State Operating Systems and Policies
The Unified or Combined State Plan must include a description of the State operating systems and policies that will support the implementation of the State strategy described in section II Strategic Elements. This includes—
- b. State Operating Systems and Policies
III. b. 3. A. State Agency Organization
Describe the organization and delivery systems at the State and local levels for the programs covered in the plan, including the organizational structure. Include an organizational chart.
In Idaho, many of the WIOA core and Combined Plan programs are consolidated into a few core agencies. Below is a list of the agencies and the applicable programs which they oversee:
- Idaho Department of Labor
- WIOA Title I-B - Youth, Adult, Dislocated Workers
- WIOA Title III - Wagner-Peyser Employment Services
- Combined Partner - Trade Adjustment Assistance
- Combined Partner - Veterans Outreach and Employment
- Combined Partner - Unemployment Insurance
- Idaho Division of Career & Technical Education
- WIOA Title II - Adult Education
- One-Stop Partner - Carl D. Perkins
- Other - Workforce Training programs
- Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- WIOA Title IV - Vocational Rehabilitation (except for the blind)
- Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- WIOA Title IV - Vocational Rehabilitation for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Idaho Commission on Aging
- Combined Partner - OAA Title V - Senior Community Service Employment Program
The agencies listed above report to a number of entities, including their federal funding stakeholders, the governor, and commissions or boards as appropriate.
Program services for the WIOA Core and Combined partner programs are provided locally through a variety of delivery systems. These systems are described in detail for each program under Section (II)(a)(2) State Workforce Development Activities. A high-level summary of these delivery systems is included below:
Title I-B, III, Trade, Veterans, and UI: The majority of WIOA Title I-B and other Idaho Department of Labor’s services are provided through the American Job Centers. Although Unemployment Insurance is centralized at the State office via an online application system, in-person staff assistance is available in the state’s comprehensive One-Stop offices, while online staff assistance is available throughout the state. The Department of Labor also uses the IdahoWorks system to provide online services such as job-search and streamlined applications.
Title II - Adult Education: Title II programs are carried out locally through Idaho’s Technical College system as well as the Idaho Department of Corrections. Colleges and the Department of Corrections provide classes and other instructional services on their main campuses as well as more than 40 outreach sites throughout the state.
Title IV - Vocational Rehabilitation: Counseling services and programs are carried out locally by the Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (IDVR) and the Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired (ICBVI). The IDVR provides services through eight regional offices and a series of sub-offices. Through cooperative agreements, IDVR has staff collocated with the Idaho Department of Correction. The Commission provides services through a central office in Boise, ID and five regional offices.
OAA Title V - Senior Community Service Employment Program: Counselors are available via the Commission on Aging’s local offices. Seniors are also placed at non-profit host agencies throughout the state to obtain job training.
An organizational chart of Idaho’s Workforce Development System as a whole follows.
Figure 4: Org Chart for Idaho Workforce Development System - All programs
IDAHO WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM - STATE AGENCY ORGANIZATION