- Program-Specific Requirements for Vocational Rehabilitation (Blind)
The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Services Portion of the Unified or Combined State Plan  must include the following descriptions and estimates, as required by section 101(a) of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended by title IV of WIOA:
 Sec. 102(b)(2)(D)(iii) of WIOA
d. 2. D. Procedures for outreach to and identification of students with disabilities who need transition services.
Procedures for Outreach to Students with Disabilities (SWDs) Who Need Transition Services
The FDBS employs a Program Consultant as the central point of contact for the School to Work Transition Program. The consultant serves as the liaison for the 67 school districts and the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind. Transition specialists serve as representatives who work with public high schools statewide and charter schools requesting assistance. Transition specialists provide and coordinate outreach and vocational rehabilitation services to students, school officials, parents, and others involved in transition services.
In addition, the FDBS provides outreach to students with disabilities under the following activities:
- Coordinating with LEAs, state and community partners, CareerSource, and postsecondary institutions to disseminate information on available services and resources for students with disabilities.
- Presenting information about services and programs at education conferences and other transition-focused training sessions.
- Providing printed materials to schools to share with students, family members, and other interested parties.
- Local staff participating on Interagency Councils.