- III. Operational Planning ElementsThe Unified or Combined State Plan must include an Operational Planning Elements section that support the State’s strategy and the system-wide vision described in Section II.(c) above. Unless otherwise noted, all Operational Planning Elements apply to Combined State Plan partner programs included in the plan as well as to core programs. This section must include—
- b. State Operating Systems and PoliciesThe Unified or Combined State Plan must include a description of the State operating systems and policies that will support the implementation of the State strategy described in Section II Strategic Elements . This includes—
- 5. Distribution of Funds for Core ProgramsDescribe the methods and factors the State will use in distributing funds under the core programs in accordance with the provisions authorizing such distributions.
- A. for Title I ProgramsFor Title I programs, provide a description of the written policies that establish the State's methods and factors used to distribute funds to local areas for—
- A. for Title I Programs
- 5. Distribution of Funds for Core Programs
- b. State Operating Systems and Policies
III. b. 5. A. ii. Adult and Training Activities in Accordance with WIOA Section 133(b)(2) or (b)(3),
The state follows section 133(b)(2)(A)(i) and TEGL 29-14 to formula allocate funding for adult activities. The data used in computing allotments includes:
• The number of unemployed for Areas of Substantial Unemployment (ASU’s) averages for the 12-month period immediately preceding new program year, as provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics;
• The number of excess unemployed individuals or the ASU excess (depending on which is higher), averages for the same 12-month period as used for the ASU unemployed data; and
• The number of economically disadvantaged adults (age 22-72, excluding college students in the workforce and military) from special tabulations of data available from the American Community Survey (ACS).
The state applies the 90% hold harmless provision contained in WIOA, section 133(b)(2)(A)(ii).